Summer Day Program
This summer, we are offering 4 two-week sessions of fun and exciting theatrical and musical adventures. Each session, we will rehearse scene and song selections from a classic musical and perform them on the final Friday evening at 4PM. Classes in movement, voice, acting and theatre games will fill out each day. We will be performing Getting to Know…Once Upon a Mattress during sessions I & II and The Little Mermaid, Jr during sessions III & IV.
The summer day program will be at Arlington Children’s Theatre, 115 Massachusetts Avenue. As always, you may register for multiple sessions and will have a fresh, new experience each time!
A few important details:
- ACT’s Summer Day Program will run for four two-week sessions in 2019. You can sign up for as many sessions as you want.
- The day runs from 9 AM to 4 PM.
- There is no Extended Day Care available this year.
- You must register online in order to reserve a spot. Upon completion of the online registration, formal documents can be mailed to ACT, or delivered on the first day of your camp session.
- Multiple session and sibling discounts are available:
- $625 for the first session
- $575 for the second session or second child
- $525 for each additional session or child
- A deposit of $250 per session is due at the time of registration in order to hold each camper’s spot. Payment in full or arrangements for scholarship must be made prior to June 1st.
- Deposits are refundable minus a $25 withdrawal fee prior to June 1st. No refunds will be given after June 1st.
- Reduced program fees are available to those who require financial assistance. An application for reduced program fees must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the first meeting of a production or workshop to be considered. Please contact the treasurer for more information.
|Ages||Entering grades 1-8|
|Where||ACT, 115 Mass. Ave|
|Camp Day||9am – 4pm|
|Session I||July 1 – 12|
|Session II||July 15 – 26|
|Session III||July 29 – August 9|
|Session IV||August 12 – 23|
|Performances||Each second Friday at 4pm|
Discounts for multiple sessions or multiple siblings.
|Forms||Registration Details: [doc] [pdf] Registration Form: [doc] [pdf] Health Form: [doc] [pdf] Behavior Form: [docx][pdf] Liability Form: [doc][pdf]|
Getting To Know… Once Upon A Mattress
(Sessions I & II)
If you thought you knew the story of The Princess And The Pea, you may be in for a walloping surprise! Did you know, for instance, that Princess Winnifred actually swam the moat to reach Prince Dauntless the Drab? Or that it may not have been the pea at all that caused the princess a sleepless night? Carried on a wave of beguiling songs, by turns hilarious and raucous, romantic and melodic, this rollicking spin on the familiar classic of royal courtship and comeuppance provides for some side-splitting shenanigans. Chances are, you’ll never look at fairy tales quite the same way again. In this adaptation for pre-high school students, the content has been edited to better suit younger attention spans, but all the elements that make this show a classic are still in place. The students will be enchanted by the timeless story and the dazzling score, while at the same time learning about theater and its production.
The Little Mermaid Jr
(Sessions III & IV)
Journey “under the sea” with Ariel and her aquatic friends in Disney’s The Little Mermaid Jr., adapted from Disney’s Broadway production and the motion picture (featuring the enormously popular Academy Award-winning music and delightfully charming book and lyrics). Based on one of Hans Christian Andersen’s most beloved stories, The Little Mermaid Jr. is an enchanting look at the sacrifices we all make for love and acceptance. In a magical underwater kingdom, the beautiful young mermaid, Ariel, longs to leave her ocean home and her fins – behind and live in the world above. But first, she’ll have to defy her father, King Triton, make a deal with the evil sea witch, Ursula, and convince the handsome Prince Eric that she’s the girl whose enchanting voice he’s been seeking.