This summer we are offering three two-week sessions of fun and exciting theatrical and musical adventures. Each fun and engaging session will use material from popular musicals to explore performance and theatre design skills! For half the day, students will use theatre games and activities in scene study, movement, and voice & speech, to build technique — diving headfirst into the material and exploring multiple roles! The other half of the day, students receive hands-on experience in principles of costume, scenic, and prop design, using the show as a jumping-off point for their designs. The session will culminate in a showcase where students will share what they have learned with one another!
The summer day program will be at Arlington Children’s Theatre, 115 Massachusetts Avenue. As always, you may register for multiple sessions and will have a fresh, new experience each time!
A few important details:
- ACT’s Summer Day Program will run three two-week sessions in 2021. You can sign up for as many sessions as you want.
- The day runs from 9 AM to 4 PM.
- There is an extended day option until 5pm.
- You must register online in order to reserve a spot.
- A deposit of $100 per session is due at the time of registration in order to hold each camper’s spot. Payment in full or arrangements for scholarship must be made prior to May 1st.
- You may receive a 50 percent refund until June 1st. No refunds will be given after June 1st.
- Reduced program fees are available to those who require financial assistance. An application for reduced program fees must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the first meeting of a production or workshop to be considered. Please contact the treasurer for more information.