SHREK Character Descriptions
- A talking donkey who joins Shrek on the run from Farquaad's guards. Quite the chatterbox, he is not deterred by Shrek's looks and practically forces himself into his good graces. Easily frightened and pushy, but also an optimistic with heart.
- A dragon that has been charged with guarding Princess Fiona in her isolated castle. She eventually falls in love with Donkey and attempts to keep him there forever. Imposing and flirtatious, but tired of her job as the glorified baby-sitter.
- The beautiful princess of Far Far Away, she transforms into an ogre every night when the sun sets. Rescued by Shrek and eventually falls in love with him. Quirky, blunt, and multitalented, she is not an ordinary princess.
- A gingerbread man initially kidnapped by Lord Farquaad. His wit and resolution help him both avoid trouble and inspire the rest of the fairytale creatures.
- LORD FARQUAAD
- The comically short, ruthless ruler of Duloc. He is in search of a princes to marry so that he can become king. Has an intensely unfair bias against fairytale creatures that stems from a resentment of his father. Self-absorbed, lonely, and cruel.
- The leader of the fairytale creatures. He is an animated puppet whose nose grows every time he lies. Plenty of sass with a penchant for lying.
- Our story's title character. A big, green, terrifying ogre who lives alone on a swamp. He embarks on a journey to rid his land of fairytale creatures and, along the way, falls in love with Fiona. Begins as a grumpy hermit, but reveals his layers and eventually becomes the hero.
- BIG BAD WOLF, THREE LITTLE PIGS, WHITE RABBIT, FAIRY GODMOTHER, PETER PAN, WICKED WITCH, UGLY DUCKLING, THREE BEARS, MAD HATTER, HUMPTY DUMPTY, ELF, DWARF, THREE BLIND MICE
- All have lines, sing solos at some point
- ANGRY MOB, HAPPY PEOPLE, GUARDS, KNIGHTS, RATS
© 2013 Arlington Children's Theatre. All rights reserved.
Last updated: Mon Sep 30 2013 10:35 EDT