Your confirmation email includes a workshop-specific link
with payment information. If you have misplaced that,
please visit our Payments
Reduced program fees are available to those who require financial assistance. An
application for reduced program fees must be submitted at least two weeks prior
to the first meeting of a production or workshop to be considered. Please contact the
for more information.
Spring Workshops 2019
Arlington Children’s Theatre Workshops will offer a fun, educational and collaborative environment to help participants build their performance, collaborative and communication skills. Participants will gain experience and confidence by strengthening their individual performance techniques while learning about the process and vocabulary of theatre.
- Acting Through Song
- This workshop will focus on creating character through song. Participants will have the opportunity to be coached on a Musical Theatre song and obtain feedback on presentation, musicality, character and communication. Participants are asked to prepare and memorize a Musical Theatre song of their choice to perform and rehearse as part of the workshop. Please bring sheet music.
- Fundamentals of Storytelling
- How can you make the boldest choices while telling a story in three dimensions? In this workshop, we will investigate oral and physical storytelling techniques as individuals and in groups, as well as practice ensemble building, active listening, and public speaking, through the lens of artists and theatre makers.
- Introduction to Acting
- An introductory acting class using games, improv, voice and movement to build confidence and experiment with the basic tools an actor uses for success. The focus of this class will be on experimentation and communication utilizing a variety of tools to facilitate personal growth and ensemble play. Students will be led in warm-up games and acting exercises to build focus, confidence and communication skills.
- Creative Movement
- Explore and enhance artistic, performance and storytelling skills through movement, team building and fun! The session will inspire participants to explore the freedom and joy of movement, communication and collaboration.
Minimums: If the minimum number of registrations is not reached, the workshop will be cancelled.
|Liability Form [pdf]|
|Policies and Procedures [pdf]|
|Medical Consent Form [doc] [pdf]|